Thursday, August 27, 2009

whew!

well, the morose lingerings on a move back to minnesota from last night have past.  it's amazing what pms can do to a person.  as if i'm not insane enough on a normal day (normal also being a relative term), that one week really throws me over the edge.  i did mention a possible move to ryan, and he explained to me all the things that i already knew (but didn't care to acknowledge in my pms-funk) about why we couldn't move any time in at least the next 5 years, as well as how miserable i would be if i were away from my family.  all true, i must confess in my slightly more rational state.

sigh....  but, on to the current task at hand.  my night kind of slipped away from me with a good cubbies game on tv and then a new episode of leverage.  i found myself looking at 11:15pm on the clock and still 2 miles to go.  i also desperately wanted to continue my reading of "the julie/julia project."  so, my periodically present multi-tasking skills came in quite handy as i trotted along on the elliptical with book in hand.  i decided that since i can't go very fast when i'm reading, i would try working out slowly at the highest resistance level.  seriously, the tragedy that might have occured if i tried to go fast on the elliptical without holding on is epic!  so....  40 minutes and a bucket of sweat later, i completed my 2.05 miles for today with a whopping 231 calories burned!!  i think it's been kind of fun seeing how much or how little of a workout you can give your body in a measly 2 mile walk. 

days remaining:  35

because i want to get back to my book, that is it for tonight!  over and out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment